DORIS_Net - The European network of Copernicus-GMES Regional Contact Offices
The European network of Copernicus-GMES Regional Contact Offices
DORIS_Net has set up the European network of Copernicus-GMES Regional Contact Offices (RCOs) to raise awareness and strengthen regional involvement in Copernicus-GMES, Europe’s flagship programme for Global Monitoring of the Environment and Security.
Each RCO is meant to serve as a meeting/exchange point among local authorities, providers and potential users of Copernicus-GMES services and other stakeholders at regional, national and European level by:
- providing information on the Copernicus-GMES programme, the benefits and the opportunities for innovation arising from it
- monitoring/mapping existing Copernicus-GMES services at regional level (see Deliverable 3-4 with the regional services collected) and promoting the transfer of research results in new applications, services and patents
- connecting the demand/supply of new products and EO-based services (see Report D3-5 on segmentation of user needs)
- promoting partnerships and pilot initiatives, as well as technology and/or commercial cooperation agreements
Anyone, firms, public administrators, researchers, citizens may contact the RCO as user as well as service provider.
As a user contact your RCO:
- to learn about the potential of satellite applications in your activities;
- to publicize a new need;
- to find a service that corresponds to your needs.
As a service provider contact your RCO:
- to advertise a new service;
- to meet new users, potential customers;
- to learn about regional needs.
All regions involved in the RCO network are members of NEREUS.
The following documents could be available under request by e-mail to Dr. Christelle BOSC (Christelle [dot] Bosc [at] developpement-durable [dot] gouv [dot] fr):